In UPSC Engineering Services, Conventional Papers have 54.5% weightage in the entire process of written test.
In paper-II of Electrical Engineering six subjects are included as follows:
1. Analog and Digital Electronics 2. Systems and Signal Processing
3. Control System 4. Electrical Machines
5. Power Systems 6. Power Electronics and Drives
As systems and Signal Processing is included from ESE-2017, few expected model questions are added in this Booklet.
The following approach is advisable to secure maximum marks.
1) The solution to any question shall have the following appropriate steps generally. Steps will also have due weightage.
(a) The data given.
(b) The appropriate figure, if applicable, with parts labelled properly
(c) The concept on which the problem is being solved.
(d) The relevant formulae with standard notations and abbreviations. Incase the paper setter asks to solve the questions from the fundamental, necessary derivations shall be done. Otherwise 70% of marks one has to the question carries more marks like 10 to 20 marks detailed analysis is compulsory to score high. If the question carries less marks (<8) the formulae with abbreviations and concept may be sufficient. In any case, the assumptions made shall be written clearly while solving a problem.
2) The neatness and presentation of solutions will have 5% marks.
3) Note that all parts of a question shall be answered together.
4) Using short sentences and brevity in expressing the content is appreciated.
* Try to understand and practice the solutions keeping in view QCAB (Questions cum Answer Booklet) format.
The solutions are prepared with utmost care. In spite of this there may be some typographical mistakes or improper sequence. The student is requested to inform us regarding errors, if any to [email protected] ACE Engineering Publications will be grateful in the regard.