In UPSC Engineering Services, Conventional Papers have 54.5% weightage in the entire process of written test.
In Paper-I of Engineering six subjects are included as follows:
1. Engineering Mathematics 2. Electrical Materials
3. Electric Circuits & Fields 4. Electrical & Electronic Measurements
5. Computer Fundamentals 6. Basic Electronics Engineering
As Engineering Mathematics, Computer Fundamentals and Basic Electronics Engineering are included from ESE-2017, few expected model questions are added in this booklet. The following approach is advisable to secure maximum marks.
1. The solution to any question shall have the following appropriate steps generally. Steps will also have due weightage.
(a) The data given
(b) The appropriate figure, if applicable, with parts labelled properly
(c) The concept on which the problem is being solved
(d) The relevant formulae with standard notations and abbreviations. Incase the paper setter asks to solve the question from the fundamentals, necessary derivations shall be done. Otherwise 70% of marks one has to lose. If the question carries more marks like 10 to 20 marks detailed analysis is compulsory to score high. If the question carries less marks (<8) the formulae with abbreviations and concept may be sufficient. In any case, the assumptions made shall be written clearly while solving a problem.
2. The neatness and presentation of solutions will have 5% marks.
3. Using short sentences and brevity in expressing the content is appreciated.
4. Practice of numerical problems using calculator is very much essential instead of reading merely.
5. Try to understand and practice the solutions keeping in view QCAB ( Questions Cum Answer Booklet) Format.
. Try To understand and practice the solutions keeping in view QCAB format.
The solutions are prepared with utmost care. In spite of this there may be some typographical mistake or improper sequence. The student is requested to inform us regarding errors. If any to [email protected] ACE Engineering Publications will be grateful in the regard.
Thanks to all the professors who co-operated in the preparation of this booklet. Thanks to the Academic Assistants and Data Entry section in the design of the booklet.